Senior Software Quality Assurance Engineer
SigMast Communications Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of Samsung Electronics Canada, develops mobile communications software for the world’s largest telephone companies.
SigMast is now accepting applications for a Senior Software Quality Assurance Engineer position, working on application system testing. Ideal candidates will demonstrate they are:
- A detailed oriented person who can translate business and functional requirements into test plans and test cases.
- A proactive self-starter willing to take ownership, advocate on behalf of the customer and think outside of the box.
- Entrepreneurial and willing to contribute to team success.
This position will be based out of our Bedford, NS location but may require international travel. You must be willing to relocate if not already in the Halifax area.
- Bachelor of Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Test Design.
- Test Automation.
- Test Execution.
- Test Result Analysis.
- Selenium or similar test automation tool.
- XPath and/or CSS locators.
- Source code control systems (e.g Git, CVS, SVN, Mercurial, ClearCase).
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Experience in testing telecommunications systems would be an asset.
- Software analysis, testing, and documentation of software with little supervision.
- Developing test plans, test cases, and test automation systems.
- Manual execution of test cases where automation is unavailable.
- Assisting management with project scoping and scheduling.
- Interfacing as necessary with other internal groups such as Product Development, Database Administration and System Administration.
Due to our requirement to support a wide geographic area, candidates who are proficient in a language other than English are encouraged to highlight their linguistic capabilities and international experience on their resume.
Compensation & Benefits
SigMast considers competitive salaries as part of an overall compensation strategy. Salary levels are tied to your experience, role within the company, and the general market. Comprehensive benefits are important to attract qualified individuals to SigMast. To remain competitive within the industry, and to ensure that you remain with us, we offer a competitive benefits package that covers your basic medical and insurance needs.
By applying for this position, you are confirming you possess Canadian citizenship, permanent residence status or a valid work permit. SigMast is an equal employment opportunity employer.
Submit an application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank you for your interest in working for SigMast. Please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
SigMast helps people connect and communicate in new and powerful ways
SigMast Communications Inc. researches and develops Rich Communication Service (RCS) solutions for mobile network operators around the world. Having developed large‐scale VoIP products and implemented global instant messaging products, the SigMast team has substantial experience in telecommunications development and operations. The organization services a wide variety of global clients with significant expertise in delivering robust, scalable, and highly available telecom solutions.